Dominion: Intrigue (2nd Edition)
Out Of Stock$37.87
In Dominion: Intrigue (as with Dominion), each player starts with an identical, very small deck of cards. In the center of the table is a selection of other cards the players can "buy" as they can afford them. Through their selection of cards to buy, and how they play their hands as they draw them, the players construct their deck on the fly, striving for the most efficient path to the precious victory points by game end.
You are a monarch, like your parents before you, a ruler of a small pleasant kingdom of rivers and evergreens. Unlike your parents, however, you have hopes and dreams! You want a bigger and more pleasant kingdom, with more rivers and a wider variety of trees. You want a Dominion! You will bring civilization to these people, uniting them under your banner.
From the back of the box: "Something's afoot. The steward smiles at you like he has a secret, or like he thinks you have a secret. There are secret plots brewing, you're sure of it. At the very least, there are yours. A passing servant murmurs 'The eggs are on the plate.' You frantically search your codebook for the translation before realizing he means that breakfast is ready. Excellent.
Everything is going according to plan."
Dominion: Intrigue adds rules for playing with up to 8 players at two tables or for playing a single game with up to 6 players when combined with Dominion. This game adds 25 new Kingdom cards and a complete set of Treasure and Victory cards. The game can be played alone by players experienced in Dominion or with the basic game of Dominion.
Part of the Dominion series.
- 2011 Årets Familiespill (Family Game of the Year, Norway) Nominee
Components (Rio Grande Games standard edition):
- 500 cards:
- 130 basic Treasure cards
- 60 "Copper" cards
- 40 "Silver" cards
- 30 "Gold" cards
- 48 basic Victory cards
- 24 Estate cards
- 12 Duchy cards
- 12 Province cards
- 258 Kingdom cards
- 10 each of Baron, Bridge, Conspirator, Coppersmith, Courtyard, Ironworks, Masquerade, Mining Village, Minion, Pawn, Saboteur, Scout, Secret Chamber, Shanty Town, Steward, Swindler, Torturer, Trading Post, Tribute, Upgrade and Wishing Well
- 12 each of Duke, Great Hall, Harem, Nobles
- 30 Curse cards
- 25 Place holder cards
- 8 blank cards (7 action, 1 place holder)
- 130 basic Treasure cards
- 1 Trash pile card (used to mark the Trash pile)
- BGID: 40834
- Category: Card Game, Medieval
- Time: 30 minutes
- Designer: Donald X. Vaccarino
- PrimaryName: Dominion: Intrigue (2nd Edition)
- Product Title: Dominion: Intrigue (2nd Edition)
- Family: Dominion
- Mechanics: Card Drafting, Deck / Pool Building, Hand Management
- Ages: 8 and up
- Publisher: 999 Games, Albi, Bard Centrum Gier, Devir, Filosofia Édition, Hans im Glück Verlags-GmbH, Hobby Japan, Hobby World, Lautapelit.fi, Rio Grande Games, Stupor Mundi, Swan Panasia Co., Ltd., Vennerød Forlag AS,